Monday 25 June 2012

Supers Prologue: 2


So hey, it’s me again. Here to continue my recount of London after the “Event”.  It took a few weeks but I was eventually able to get my power under control and Blaze (As I call it) whenever I want. At first it would only happen when I was angry or ‘heated up’ (Get it?) but eventually I got it under control.
The first few weeks were by far the weirdest in terms of getting used to everybody getting powers, it was all over the news, TV, Facebook and Twitter (#MyNewAbility) and you can bet the Government capitalised on it quickly. A new tax was declared for everybody that had powers or “Supers” as they started calling them. A flying licence was also put into implementation for all those that could fly, and only those who had permission were allowed to fly and If caught flying without a licence then you could end up paying a huge fine… “Flying in dangerous” they told us “We wouldn’t want accidents happening in the air, therefore only trained professionals will be allowed to fly” made it seem as if it was for our own good, but anyone could tell that it was the Public Transport money they were worried about.
A lot happened during the first few months after this event happened. As you can already guess, a bunch of costumed nerds joined forces and started a Superhero team called “Team Justice”. Essentially it was just a bunch of cosplayers who just wanted to walk up and down the streets dressed up as a Superhero. I thought the trend would die out soon, and it was about to when the first incident arose of a group of villains with abilities tried to rob a Post-Office (I bet you thought I was going to say bank, naah, Banks are too well protected, but a Post-Office is the next best thing) Though the villains had certain powers they were no match for the ever growing army of “Team Justice”. By now Team Justice was quite a big group and they were allowed to establish themselves as a non-profit company with all their profit either going into reinvestment or the Government. In return they were granted flying licences and leave to use their powers as they wished.
The Government also saw that Supers were too strong for the Police in general, especially those without powers; therefore they created the Supers-Police, armed with new technology to help subdue rogue Supers. Ever heard of restraint?  They haven’t, always going in guns blazing to every little problem.  The other month they had a lawsuit against them as they practically blew up a shop chasing down a robber. Nobody was hurt however… well apart from the robber who suffered several broken limbs and was in a coma for two weeks, all because he stole some Basmati Rice.
Though despite the efforts of Team Justice and the Supers-Police, Criminal groups also started popping up everywhere, one of the major ones being the Hood Ratz… a crew in the south-London area that used their abilities to mug and rob unsuspecting travellers. And they’re just one of the groups of criminals out there.
Jeez, I’ve been talking about the world so much I totally forgot the most important part… ME! Soo… what have I been doing since I got an ability… Well I started Uni, and am sharing the upstairs of my older sister’s apartment with Jerome and Jenna (one of my close cousins), Jerome goes to the same uni as me; however Jenna is still in college, we also now take combat classes once a week (Self-Defense, Kung Fu, Muai Thai have become quite popular since the Supers event). There is always work to be done as Supers so we set up a service to use our abilities to gain a bit of extra money, from cleaning cars to being bodyguards.
So guys remember if you need a Super for hire email me @ Blaze553@Hotmail.co.uk with your job and prices.

 - Blaze


Comments: